Next Tuesday, Enotria restaurant will play host to a crudo versus sashimi competition. This Battle in Seattle is for bragging rights for supremacy on 45th Street, pitting Enotria‘s Chef David Hahne against Rain Modern Infusion Cuisine‘s Chef Takashi Ogasawara.
Each chef will prepare three dishes showcasing a still unspecified, secret ingredient. Judging the merits of cured (crudo) versus raw (sashimi) will be:
- Dan Devone, Q13 Fox News sports director and anchor
- Manny Chao, Georgetown Brewing Company co-owner
- Jonathon Evison, best-selling author (All About Lulu)
- Grant Donesky, Director of Design at Cornish College for the Arts
- Jay Friedman (ah…yours truly!)
The audience (ah…you!) will also have an opportunity to weigh in with opinions. Admission is $25 and includes samples of the dishes – and a chance to join in on the fun. Tickets are available here or by calling either of the participating restaurants directly.